At Coney Island Brewing Company, we’re committed to protecting your privacy. Federal and various state laws require us to tell you how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. These laws also limit how we can use your personal information. Please read this policy carefully to understand what we do with the personal information we collect.
When you contact us to help you with a question or concern, any personal information you provide is voluntary. We collect and use only the minimum information necessary to respond to your questions and concerns. We may also collect your personal information under other circumstances. In most cases, we collect limited personal information, such as name, address, telephone number, birth date, and/or email address. In limited cases, such as with purchases or resume submissions, we may collect other personal information such as credit card information and resume-related information.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Examples of when we might collect your personal information include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- When you make a purchase from our E-Store;
- When you enter into a contest or promotion;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter;
- When you apply for a job; and
- When you submit a question or comment on our Contact Us page.
WHERE DOES YOUR INFORMATION GO?
- Within Coney Island Brewing, we may use your personal information to process a purchase, contest or promotion entry, or resume, or to help us properly respond to your comment or question.
- We also use third parties to help provide some of the services we offer on this website, and sometimes your information may be shared with those third parties. These vendors have agreed not to disclose any of your personal information for any purpose unrelated to the services they provide for this website. For example:
- When you make a purchase, your information may be shared with vendors in order to fill you order and with credit card companies to process the transaction.
- When you submit your resume, your information is processed through a third party vendor.
- When you enter into a contest or subscribe to our newsletter, your information may be shared with third party vendors to help facilitate those contests and/or deliver the newsletter.
- We may also share aggregated non-identifiable information about our general readership with third parties in order to help market our products and develop new vendor and customer relationships.
- Additionally, we may be required to share your information in response to a lawful request from public authorities.
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
This website may also automatically collect some non-personal information from your device (your computer, tablet, smart phone), such as the type of web browser you use, the computer operating system you use, the domain name of the website you clicked on to get to our website (for example, Google). We may use this information to learn more about our visitors on a general level so that we can continue to make technical improvements to the website.
We use commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on this site. These procedures include, but are not limited to, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and site monitoring. We also limit access to any personally identifiable information we receive to employees who need access to that information in order to do their jobs. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure.
Keep in mind that this website may contain links to websites operated by other parties. We generally have no connection with or control over the content on those external websites, which may have different privacy policies and practices.
LEGAL DRINKING AGE
Our website is intended for those who are of legal drinking age.
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA VISITORS AND THE PRIVACY SHIELD
This site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”) and elsewhere in the world. By using this site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing this site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
We participate in the EU-US and Swiss/US Privacy Shield. We protect consumer personal information received for processing from clients in the European Economic Area and Switzerland in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles. The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Coney Island Brewing Company compliance with the Privacy Shield. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Coney Island Brewing Company at:
Coney Island Brewing Company
Director of Risk Management & Review
We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the American Arbitration Association, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.icdr.org/about_icdr for more information or to file a complaint. The services of the American Arbitration Association are provided at no cost to you.
We also protect all data transferred to the third parties by entering into contracts with the third party ensuring that your data is only processed for the limited and specified purposes consistent with your authorization. We will require that the third party recipient provide the same level of protection as reflected in the Privacy Shield principles and will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the third-party recipient effectively processes the personal information. Should a third-party process the personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, we will only be liable if we are responsible for the violation of the Privacy Shield Principles. Upon request, we will provide a summary or a representative copy of the relevant privacy provisions of our contract with the third-party recipient. To learn more about the Privacy Shield and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
REVIEW AND CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.
Visit our Contact Us page to submit an online question, comment, or complaint.